Requirements for postings
Zen postings may not include any of the following:
- Someone else's content published under your own brand
- Insults and attacks
- Information that is known to be false
- Incitements to violence
- Advertisements of or information about the sales of narcotics, weapons or other forbidden items
- Spam, including search-engine spam
- Content whose sole purpose is to redirect traffic using a link to an external site
- Headlines that create false expectations about the content of an article (clickbait)
- Articles containing foul language, whether explicit or disguised, or jargon or colloquial language in headlines, body text, images or video
- Explicit content Postings describing sexual activities or containing erotic images and videos The exceptions are educational and scientific materials as well as works of classic fiction.Note. Postings with explicit content will be pessimized so that “adult” content is not recommended to minors as well as to anyone who categorically does not want to see erotica in their Zen feed. In the future we will allow the user to configure Zen to show explicit content.
- Other content that may not be posted under the Terms of Service
Channels are automatically pessimized or blocked for violations of the Terms of Service.
Creating a posting
Currently Zen displays postings from two independent sources:
- Zen Editor. You can use the Editor to create postings that contain text, images, and video. Texts can be formatted. Select the desired fragment, and a formatting panel with the available formatting tools will appear on the screen.
- Site. Zen analyzes the content of sites and posts links to content of interest to users in the feed. In order to make the results more accurate, link the RSS feed for your site to Zen. If your site does not have a RSS feed, the robot will analyze the site's content directly. However, Zen may mistakenly link to announcements or user profiles.
Postings that are created manually in the Editor are ranked higher than those originally published on third-party sites.
Can I edit and delete content after it is posted?
- You can edit or delete postings that are created in the Editor.
- Postings that are posted in an RSS feed can be edited on the source site. You can not delete any recommendations that are connected with them from Zen.
How does Zen determine who to display my postings too?
Zen uses data on user behavior on the internet to generate a recommendations feed, including what sites users visit and how they rate articles and videos. Users can also subscribe to channels that interest them and influence the contents of their feed using the More like this and Less like this buttons.