- What organization details are displayed in Yandex?
- How to submit information about addresses and organizations
- Which address will be shown in search results if I have several organizations linked to one site?
- The address and the phone number are not always shown in the site snippet. Why?
- What are advanced settings? Where and how are they displayed?
- Rules for providing information about an organization
What organization details are displayed in Yandex?
General and contact information about the organization can be displayed:
- In Yandex.Maps
- Detailed information about the organization is displayed in the tooltip and on the organization's page in Yandex.Maps. For example, phones, opening hours, and additional parameters depending on the organization type.
- In the Yandex search results:
Address snippet. It is generated only for the site's main page and can contain the address, phone number, metro station, and opening hours. The metro station in the site description can't be edited, it is determined automatically based on the address.
Special snippetwhich is formed for some areas of activity may contain extended information. For example, the average restaurant bill.
How to submit information about addresses and organizations
- In Yandex.Directory
- Go to the My organizations section.
- Click the Add button and fill in the fields.
Also, you can link an organization that exists in Yandex.Directory to your site. To do this, go to the Yandex.Directory organization editing form and enter the site URL to link the information to in the Site field.
- Using the Schema.org markup
- Information marked up in a special way is processed by the Yandex robot and sent to Yandex.Directory. If the data is marked according to the rules, the information can be displayed in Yandex.Maps and in the search results.
Which address will be shown in search results if I have several organizations linked to one site?
By default the users will see the address of the organization in their region (if they don't specify a different region in their search).
If the linked organization addresses are in the same region, the snippet will show the Addresses on the map button. The user can click on it to view all the organization's addresses in this region.
The address and the phone number are not always shown in the site snippet. Why?
The snippet with the organization's address and phone number is shown only for one page – the one that Yandex considers to be directly connected with this organization. This can be either the main page or one of the subpages. What we focus on in this case is not the site or the main page, but the organization itself: the location, phone number, and site (attributes that describe it).
One site might be used for multiple organizations. This is why a site can have several address snippets shown for different pages that are related to different organizations. The organization's page with the address snippet is the organization's main page on the site, “the entry page” to any additional information.
If the site does not have its own domain and is hosted on an aggregation platform (such as tiu.ru or aiva-riva.ru), the address snippet for this site isn't displayed.
What are advanced settings? Where and how are they displayed?
When searching for an organization, users are usually interested not only in its location but also in additional attributes. For instance, when choosing a restaurant, the user needs to know the type of cuisine and the average bill. When searching for a hospital, the user needs information about medical services available.
For most popular types of organizations, additional information can be transmitted along with the address.
Different types of organizations have different sets of information. All organizations, regardless of type, can have:
- Business hours.
- Alternative names.
- Additional contact information.
You can specify this information when adding or editing an organization in Yandex.Webmaster (Types of activity tab, choose the business category. If additional parameters can be entered for this type of activity, additional fields will be displayed.). On the
Such information is shown in pop-ups and organization pages on maps.
Rules for providing information about an organization
A request to add or edit information in Yandex.Directory may be rejected. Read the rules for providing information and learn about the reasons for rejecting a publication.