Checking the installation and operation of a tag
The code snippet must be embedded in the source code for all the site's pages. The code should be placed as close to the top of the page as possible. For more information, see the section Installing a tag.
Check how the tag is functioning on any of the site's pages.
This might happen for the following reasons:
- The tag is installed incorrectly. For example, the CMS modified the code snippet. Reinstall the tag or contact the support service for your CMS.
- Broken scripts are preventing the Yandex.Metrica tag from working on the site. You can check this in the browser console.
- Data is sent to a tag with a different number.
- The Filters tab in the tag settings has overly strict filters defined. Remove unneeded filters.
- The Filters tab in the tag settings has the Don't count my sessions filter enabled. This means that the tag doesn't register your own sessions. Try accessing the site with your browser in “incognito” mode.