Yandex.Direct campaign statistics
Yandex.Direct users can access a number of additional reports in Yandex.Metrica about their ad campaigns ( ).
For “Yandex.Direct” reports to be displayed in Yandex.Metrica, perform one or both of these actions on the Campaign parameters page in Yandex.Direct:
Fill in the Yandex.Metrica tags box.
Differences between data in Yandex.Metrica and Yandex.Direct reports
Statistics for a Yandex.Direct ad campaign may differ from data for the same campaign in Yandex.Metrica. Yandex.Direct statistics reflect clicks that weren't filtered out by the anti-fraud system. Only these registered (valid) clicks are included in Yandex.Direct statistics.
The Ad systems report shows the number of sessions for all clicks, both registered and unregistered. The Yandex.Direct, summary, Yandex.Direct, sites, and Yandex.Direct, costs reports show sessions for registered clicks (you can't see sessions for unregistered clicks in these reports).
Furthermore, the number of clicks registered in Yandex.Direct and the number of sessions and clicks shown in Yandex.Metrica reports may differ. Here are some reasons why a click or pageview might not be counted by Yandex.Metrica:
- The code snippet was placed on the website incorrectly. Check the code snippet.
- The tag ID wasn't specified in the Yandex.Direct campaign settings, or the Tag links for Yandex.Metrica option wasn't turned on.
- After clicking an ad, the user closed the web page before the Yandex.Metrica tag loaded (on a mobile device, for example). In this case, the discrepancy in indicators can reach 25%.
- Cyclical redirect is installed on the website.
- Ad blockers that may contain rules for blocking tags are set up on the browser, the user's OS, or a corporate proxy server.
- The tag did not load on the site, because the user's browser (or the corporate proxy server) has a plugin that prohibits downloading tracking tags.
- The user's antivirus system blocks the tag from loading.
- Technical problems related to the distance to the server that receives the tag information, or the traffic level for that internet provider.
These reasons can't be controlled by Yandex.Metrica.