Confidentiality of personal data
Identifying data includes:
- First and last name.
- Identity document information (for example, passport data).
- Bank card details.
- ZIP code.
- Phone number.
- Email address.
- Street address.
- Information about the user's location, as can be detected with GPS.
- Taxpayer information, such as a TIN.
- Medical and insurance information, such as an insurance policy.
- Passwords to user accounts.
If you aren't sure whether a particular type of data is considered identifying information under your country's legislation, consult with a lawyer.
Recommendations when transmitting identifying information
Make sure that identifying information is never transmitted to Yandex.Metrica, including in these instances:
- Transmitting UserID. Don't use personal data for generating IDs on the site.
- Filling in form fields and searching on the site. You can configure how fields are recorded with Session Replay (version 1.0 | version 2.0).
- Formatting UTM tags. Don't include personal data in utm_source, utm_medium, utm_term, utm_campaign, and utm_content parameters.
- Generating a page URL and title on the site.