How to launch a display campaign
- Step 1. Go to the campaign creation page and set parameters
In the Create campaign drop-down menu, select Display campaigns.
Enter a campaign name and select your display regions.
Enter start and end dates for your campaign and a display strategy. We recommend automatic strategies:
- Decrease price for repeat impressions to launch new products and services on the market.
- Maximize impressions for lowest price to promote products and services with a target audience.
You can also cap impression frequency to limit how many times your campaign ads can be served to the same user.
- Step 2. Select ad type
Select ad type: banners.
All the ads in an ad group must be the same type, although a campaign can include all types of ads. You cannot change the ad type after you have saved the ad group.
- Step 3. Add a creative
You can upload the ad creative from your computer or create one in Ad Builder. You can upload an HTML5 banner or an image file as a creative.
To pass moderation, creatives must meet the requirements.
- Create using Ad Builder
You can use the Ad Builder to make a creative based on a template and tweak the design, or generate creatives automatically based on your site content.
We recommend creating an adaptive creative. It automatically adapts to the appropriate ad block and is displayed on more sites. If you have creatives for image ads that you made previously using the Ad Builder, you can use them.
More information about Ad Builder.
- Upload from computer
You can add multiple ads to an ad group, with each ad corresponding to a single creative.
An ad creative uploaded from a computer must meet the following requirements:
Maximum file size 150 KB File type
ZIP (for HTML5 banners)
JPG, PNG or GIF (for images)
Size in pixels 160×600, 240×400, 240×600, 300×250, 300×300, 300×500, 300×600, 320×50, 320×100, 320×480, 336×280, 480×320, 728×90, 970×250, 1000×120 Maximum file size 150 KB File type
ZIP (for HTML5 banners)
JPG, PNG or GIF (for images)
Size in pixels 160×600, 240×400, 240×600, 300×250, 300×300, 300×500, 300×600, 320×50, 320×100, 320×480, 336×280, 480×320, 728×90, 970×250, 1000×120
After you have saved your ad, you can only replace its creative by another creative of the same size. An adaptive creative can be replaced by another adaptive creative.
- Step 4. Enter a Yandex.Audience pixel and impression tag
- You can use the Yandex.Audience pixel to develop different scenarios of connecting with your display ad audience. The pixel is special code embedded in your advertising materials.
Create a pixel in Yandex.Audience. You can read more about this in the Help for Yandex.Audience.
You can use the ADFOX tag to count ad impressions. You must include the
%random%macro in the tag. The tag must also support the https protocol.
- Step 5. Set up impression criteria
Ads from display campaigns are only served in the Yandex Advertising Network based on keywords or user profiles. You can only select one type of impression criteria per ad group. You cannot change the type of impression criteria after you save the ad group.
- User profile
A user profile consists of the cumulative characteristics of the users that you want to serve your ads to. These include gender, age, and online interests. Determine what your particular audience looks like and create a profile based on that data.
Keywords determine the site content and user interests that may trigger your ad impressions in the Yandex Advertising Network. For example, an ad about tours to Mars might be displayed on a page about traveling, or shown to a user who is interested in flights to Mars.
Evaluate how many users will be able to see ads from a particular group by estimating reach.Tip. If you have selected automatic strategy and targeting based on user profile, go to the strategy settings once you have saved the ad group. The average price recommendation will be updated based on the size of creatives and impression criteria. This will ensure efficient budget spending over the period.
- On the right, you'll see the total number of users. It will depend on the display regions you selected in the campaign settings as well as your list of prohibited sites.
- On the left, you'll see the number of users that could potentially see banners from the group. The settings of the user profile, the size of uploaded banners, and the display regions set in the group are taken into account.
The values are also affected by disabling impressions for specific users through bid adjustments (minus 100%) set for a campaign or group. Weather bid adjustments are ignored.
Any changes you make to the campaign or ad settings will affect your estimate data (which allows you to evaluate your potential audience reach).
- A Yandex.Audience segment based on geolocation data with the Audience: current location criteria (for more information about segments, read the Yandex.Audience Help).
- A Yandex.Audience segment that was created less than 6 hours ago or more than two weeks ago and was not used in Yandex.Direct.
- Yandex.Metrica goals and segments.
Ad moderation and launching a campaign
Click Send to moderation and confirm that you accept Yandex's terms for publishing your ad.
Moderators will check whether the ad follows the guidelines. On business days, moderation normally takes a few hours, while on weekends and holidays it may take longer. Moderators don't work at night.
Once your ads are checked, you will receive a notification at the email address you provided when you created the ad campaign. The campaign status in the list will change to “accepted by moderator”.
Your ads will begin displaying as soon as Yandex receives your payment.
After you launch your campaign, you can view what your ads look like on a site.