How to evaluate performance
You can view ad campaign reports after your ads start displaying. You can evaluate campaign performance by regularly reviewing the statistics.
Which metrics to track
For outdoor advertising, it is important to evaluate the reach.
- Opportunity to see (OTS)
- Number of user contacts with your ad message. More about OTS calculation.
- Served impressions
- A single ad display on a digital billboard. Several people can usually see an ad at the same time, so one served impression usually corresponds to multiple OTS.
- Number of unique users who viewed the ad.
How to create a report
Click the View statistics link on the display campaign page. In the Report wizard, create a report with the following parameters:
- Choose “For selected period”.
- To view statistics for individual advertising surfaces, select the Name of ad platform (detailed) cross-section.
- Served impressions
- Total expenditure
In the report, you will see:
- Media reach produced by advertising.
- Advertising surfaces producing the highest reach.
The estimated reach data can be somewhat incomplete at this point. We are working on making sure that you get accurate statistics.
Information about outdoor advertising audience
- Segment reach and user distribution by gender, age, and device type.
- Online interests and categories of users (homemakers, students, parents, and so on).
- Percentage of users in the segment who visited your site or completed Yandex.Metrica goals on it.
- Use Yandex.Surveys to run an ad recall survey and estimate your brand lift.
- Create a segment of users similar to those in your ad's field of view.
Get a report on conversions by targeting your media or contextual advertising on an online segment.
For more information, see the Help for Yandex.Audience.
How to make decisions based on statistics
- How to increase the number of served impressions
- If the campaign wins too few auctions for served impressions, you can raise the bid per thousand OTS (for a manual strategy) or limit your average OTS (for an automatic strategy).
- How to increase reach
Statistics on advertising surfaces help you identify the most popular routes and areas frequented by your target audience. Disable surfaces that have insufficient reach or adjust your serving schedule.