How to evaluate the results of a display campaign on the Yandex Home page
You can view ad campaign reports after your ads start displaying. You can evaluate campaign performance by regularly reviewing the statistics.
Which metrics to track
It is important to evaluate the reach and appeal of your display banner on the Yandex Home page.
- Number of viewable ad impressions.
- Number of clicks on the banner.
- The number of unique users who viewed the ad. Reach calculation is based on the user's impression history on various devices (smartphones, tablets, and computers).
How to create a report
Click the View statistics link on the display campaign page. In the Report wizard, create a report with the following parameters:
- Choose “For selected period”.
- Total expenditure
In the report, you will see:
- Media reach produced by advertising.
- How often users interacted with your banner.
How to make decisions based on statistics
- How to increase banner impressions
- If the campaign wins too few auctions for ad display, you can raise the CPM bid (for a manual strategy) or limit your average CPM (for an automatic strategy). Check your bid or average CPM for different display regions and the Yandex Home page versions against the table.
- How to compare banners
Unlike performance campaigns, banners belonging to the same ad group are served uniformly. You can compare them by the number of clicks. This shows user engagement with the banner. Add the Ad/banner № cross-section to the report and the Clicks and CTR (%) columns, and compare the metrics between banners.
- How to interpret statistics on clicks and conversions
Display advertising, as well as other types of advertising, can bring both traffic and purchases to your website. You can compare display campaigns by the number of clicks and conversions: please note that reach and frequency are more important for display campaigns than clicks and conversions. However, it is incorrect to compare clicks and conversions with similar indicators of performance campaigns: performance advertising runs on existing demand, while display advertising creates more interest in a “cold” audience.