How to launch a campaign
- Step 1. Go to the campaign creation page and set parameters
In the Create campaign drop-down menu, select Display campaign on Home page.
Enter the campaign name and select the display regions.
Indicate which versions of the Yandex Home page — full, mobile, or both — you wish to place your banner on.
- Step 2. Select a strategy and set a bid
Enter start and end dates for your campaign and a display strategy. We recommend automatic strategies:
- Decrease price for repeat impressions to launch new products and services on the market.
- Maximize impressions for lowest price to promote products and services with a target audience.
Specify CPM for the selected display regions and Yandex Home page versions. The minimum CPM value is specified in the table.
- Step 3. Add creative
On the ad group creation page, click. Upload an image or HTML5 banner from your computer, or choose a previously added banner. To get the maximum coverage, add several versions of the banner to display on different devices and Home page versions: for the full and mobile versions, for regular screens, and high-resolution screens (HiDPI). Please keep in mind that high-resolution banners are not displayed on regular screens and vice versa.
Read more about the banner requirements.
- Step 4. Enter a Yandex.Audience pixel and impression tag
- You can use the Yandex.Audience pixel to develop different scenarios of connecting with your display ad audience. The pixel is special code embedded in your advertising materials.
Create a pixel in Yandex.Audience (learn more in the Yandex.Audience Help).
You can use the ADFOX tag to count ad impressions. You must include the
%random%macro in the tag. The tag must also support the https protocol.
Ad moderation and launching a campaign
After you have created your ads, they will be checked for compliance with:
Click Send to moderation and confirm that you accept Yandex's terms for publishing your ad. It usually takes the moderators a few hours to review ads. Moderators do not work at night. On weekends and holidays, it might take longer than on business days.
Once your ads are checked, you will receive a notification at the email address you provided when you created the ad campaign. The campaign status in the list will change to “accepted by moderator”.
Your ads will begin displaying as soon as Yandex receives your payment.