You can search for information online using the SmartBox, voice search, or context menu. In addition to searching for words, Yandex Browser for Mobile also supports image search.
The SmartBox is the main element in Yandex Browser that you use for searching. The SmartBox is located in the upper part of the browser.
The SmartBox may disappear from the screen when you're viewing a site so that it doesn't continue to take up screen space. If you want to make it reappear, tap the bottom edge of the browser.
- To enter a search query or go to a website:
- Use the SmartBox to enter search terms, a URL, or the name of a website (you can use your voice or the keyboard to enter searches).
- Press Enter.
Yandex Browser will automatically detect whether to show you a website or search results.
- You can use the following icons in the SmartBox:
- — clear the SmartBox
- — refresh the open page
- — start a voice search
- Note the search suggestions when entering text:
Voice input can be used for both search queries and website addresses. The voice search language is set automatically to match the interface language on your tablet. To initiate voice search, tap on the right side of the SmartBox.
- Change the voice search language
- Tap .
- Go to the Search section.
- Tap Voice search language.
- Choose the language for voice search.
To get more information about something:
- Select a word or a phrase:
- Tap and hold to select a word.
- To select multiple words, tap the first word and then move the slider to the right.
- Tap Find in Yandex in the bar that appears above the SmartBox.
The result will be shown in Yandex search results.
You can search for images in the browser that match a specific picture. Image search uses Yandex computer vision algorithms. The search results show exact copies of the given image, as well as images that are slightly different (for example, photos of kittens of the same breed).
To find similar images:
- Tap and hold an image on a web page.
- In the context menu, tap Find this image in Yandex.
The result will be displayed in the Yandex.Images search results.
If you don't have internet access or turned on airplane mode, the browser prompts you to use the offline search when you enter search terms in the Smartbox.
Enter a search query. The browser will select the most appropriate answers in the dictionary of the most popular search queries. These answers include numbers of emergency services and various organizations, as well as data from Information cards. The dictionary is stored on your tablet, updates automatically over Wi-Fi, and takes up 50-60 MB of space.
Offline search results consist of snippets, which often already contain the desired answer. If you need more details, wait until you are online again and tap under the SmartBox to view the online results.
To disable offline search:
- Tap .
- Under More settings, tap Offline features.
- Disable Offline search.
The collection of search queries is then be deleted from your tablet.