Researcher (Artificial / Machine Intelligence, Data Mining)
We invite beginners and experienced researchers to our Yandex Research Team. We offer a unique opportunity to engage in world-level applied and theoretical research, to publish your results at leading conferences and contribute to the knowledge-intensive services of Yandex, such as modern information retrieval technologies, computer vision, dialogue systems, neural machine translation, learning algorithms on ensembles of trees, and more. We believe that our practical solutions and theoretical results must become well-known in academic circles worldwide, therefore you will be co-authoring papers describing your achievements and presenting them at the best scientific conferences: NeurIPS, ICML, CVPR, ACL, KDD, SIGIR, etc.
- development of new science-intensive technologies;
- conducting experiments;
- analyzing non-standard academic problems of the main web services of Yandex (together with developers and other researchers);
- studying existing literature on your topic;
- writing papers describing your new results.
- experience in one of the world's strongest scientific laboratories;
- the opportunity to hone your skills of conducting research projects, introducing new technologies and writing papers for the best conferences;
- the opportunity to play a key role in a young and growing team;
- the opportunity to engage in science;
- a good salary.
- higher technical education with good training in mathematics and algorithms;
- actual knowledge in at least one of the following areas: Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Speech Recognition, Data Mining, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval;
- good programming skills in one of the following languages: C++, Java, Python for implementing algorithms and conducting experiments;
- good written and spoken English;
- desire to read and analyze scientific literature.
- a Ph.D. degree or its equivalent;
- experience of graduate studies in a strong academic group;
- experience of writing research papers, publications in leading journals and conference proceedings;
- experience in applied mathematical statistics;
- a profound knowledge of mathematics and the ability to achieve new results;
- participation in international scientific competitions, such as KDD Cup, Kaggle competitions;
- experience in developing big data software;
- teamwork experience.