Legal Counsel (Intellectual Property & Information Technology)
Yandex is looking for a legal counsel with three or more years of experience supporting contracts involving software, technology, data and other intellectual property. Excellent command of English is one of the main requirements for this position.
- a degree in law (a degree from a top-tier university is a plus);
- expertise in intellectual property law and contract law (experience with contracts in common law jurisdictions is a plus);
- three or more years of post-qualification experience with a law firm or as in-house counsel with a company in the software development industry, telecom or an IT company;
- knowledge of and interest in information technology and software industries;
- excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills;
- a “dot the i's and cross the t's” attitude, strong attention to detail, and the ability to deliver professional results under pressure and meet deadlines;
- proven skills as a self-motivated team player with flexibility, independent judgment, and a business-oriented approach;
- fluent legal English, both written and verbal;
- experience with cooperation and participation on a global legal team in international and local projects.
- draft, review and help negotiate software and database assignment and licensing agreements and service agreements, including SAAS, for different companies within the Yandex group;
- provide legal support for technology development, exploitation, distribution and commercialization, including review of author agreements, outsource development agreements, licensing agreements, and marketing services agreements;
- provide legal support for acquiring and disposal of intellectual property and data, including structuring template deals and drafting relevant agreements;
- structure and draft documentation for complex deals in the fields of technology, software development and distribution, such as joint development agreements, software fork license agreements and more;
- advise on various intellectual property issues in the course of M&A projects;
- identify and mitigate legal risks related to a variety of intellectual property matters.